Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Mining

Part A: 
Open pit mining is a mining technique where you are extracting ore or minerals from the earth from an open pit. Such as this to extract the ore. 
Pros: not as expensive as shaft mining, safer environment for workers and (easy access)- this was a guess. Con: pollution on the environment, harmful to the environment. 
So shaft mining is where you dig a vertical or near vertical tunnel to get access to the ore. Also the use explosive to extract the ore from the surrounding rock. 
Pros: less pollution on the environment, safer for the ecosystem and less harmful for surrounding areas. Cons: expensive, dangerous for workers.  

Part B:
Spouse of a miner: I would chose the open pit mine because I would know that my spouse would have less of a chance to die on the job. 
Owner of a mining company:  if I was the owner of a mining company I would chose shaft mining even though it is expensive, I would know that I am not greatly effecting the environment. 
Environmentalist: again I would chose shift mining because it causes less pollution and doesn't hurt the environment. 
Owner of a nearby ski resorts: a shaft mine because it wouldn't cause acid rain do to the things that may be exposed in a open pit mine. 
Politician: I would want a open pit mine do to that fact that it is a cheaper method of mining. 

Part C:
There are mines that exist in Nicaragua. They topically mine for gold there. They use the open pit mine is common in nicaragu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment